The START approach is the stepping stone journey to achieve full BRCGS Food Safety Certification.
The BRCGS START! Programme recognises and encourages the development of food safety systems and gives small sites a clear pathway towards improved food safety standards. It recognises and enables audits and certification against two levels of requirements, basic and intermediate.
STEP 1 – START! BASIC
- First stepping stone to full BRCGS Food Safety Certification
- Building compliance and fundamentals
- 35% of full Food Safety Global Standard Requirements
STEP 2 – START! INTERMEDIATE
- Additional requirements
- Reduction in 2nd party audits
- Continual improvement and Cultural development
- 51% of full Food Safety Global Standard Requirements
STEP 3 – BRCGS FOOD SAFETY
- Full BRCGS Food Safety Certification
- GFSI Benchmarked
- Full certification provides highest level of customer confidence.
As a not for profit organisation NIFCC offers very competitive fees and as a BRCGS 5 star CB we also offer a high quality service delivered by our local certification and audit team.
To join the scheme or even just to have a chat about what it involves, contact us on 028 92 633017 or request an application pack below. You can apply to join at any time throughout the year and your membership must be renewed annually.